"First revenue Link train to Seatac, WA", by DWHonan
- Metro gets some new vans for routes 200, 201, 203, 204, 213, 219, 249, 251, 921, and 929. Pictures here. (H/T: Atomic Taco)
- The Port of Seattle’s acquisition of the BNSF Eastside corridor is now, no fooling, finally final. A Snohomish-Woodinville tourist train may surface within six months.
- Lindblom unloads on SDOT and SLUT cost overruns.
- SkyTrain to field “fare gates“, or turnstiles, by 2013. (via Beyond Robson)
- Derailment train operator likely to go back to buses.
- The SunBreak on the Westlake Transit Hub.
- Chris Karnes argues that Timed Transfer Centers in Tacoma are a failed experiment.
- KUOW asks how reliable Link is and doesn’t really get an answer.
- Some funding to operate and maintain Olympia’s Amtrak station was about to be cut, but apparently has been restored.