Meetup Details: Thursday Dec 20

For our year-end meetup, we’ll be at the Tap House Grill in Downtown Seattle on 6th and Pike starting at 5:30pm on Thursday December 20. The location is all ages and, of course, quite well-served by public transit. There will be a surprise guest and lots to discuss.

If you’re planning on attending, let us know in the comments so we can get a rough headcount.

About Frank Chiachiere

Frank Chiachiere is the General Manager of Seattle Transit Blog. He has lived in Seattle for over a decade, and designs digital products by day. Commute: 2, 3, or 4.

Comments

1. Daniel Warwick says:

Awesome, I’ll be there! For those not young like me, Tap House has lots of awesome beer…So I’ve heard.

2. So there. :)

3. Mark in Kenmore says:

I’m interested in attending but I’ll have to put myself down as a “maybe” until further notice. It’s a convenient location for me, though – right across the street from my office building and around the corner from my bus stop.

4. Looking forward to it.

5. I’ll be there and I may bring a friend.

6. Zach Shaner says:

I’ll drop by at 6.

7. Matthew Johnson says:

Open bar I assume?

:p. I’ll be there. Try an rope the old lady in as well.

8. Mark Dublin says:

If I don’t have to work, will be there.

Mark Dublin

9. Bruce Nourish says:

I’ll be there.

10. Will be there if I can get away from the office in time. Looking forward to meeting you all!

11. Unfortunately my flight comes in at 9pm. I’m expecting an exciting write-up :)

12. John Jensen says:

I’m planning on coming. What time should I arrive to catch the guest?

13. David Seater says:

I should be there, but may be a bit late.

14. Galen Weld says:

I’ll be there!

15. 75% chance I’ll be there.

16. I am NOT coming.

17. I’ll be there.

18. I’ll be there too.

19. I’m a maybe, depending on whether I get the evening off.

20. Definite maybe.

21. Kevin McClain says:

I will be there.

22. Transit Guy says:

It’s on my calendar, and about 90% sure I’ll be there

23. Probably not, its a date night…nice dinner kind of date night, not “let’s go to the transit blog meetup kind of date night :-D But who knows, maybe I can finagle something.

24. Count me in.

25. In

26. Moe Sizlac says:

ill come

27. Going

28. Tim Whittome says:

I plan to go!

29. Why don’t we all guess how long it’s going to take Crapid-Ride from Ballard. Then, d.p. can bring a stopwatch and when we’re there, we reveal our guesses. Whoever comes the closest gets a free beer!

(Or, will d.p. be taking the 40 instead?)

30. Keith Kyle says:

I’ll be there. Luckies.

31. Would if there were a return Sounder at night.

Some time you guys should do a field trip to Kent to see what the 21st century looks like.

The bazaar, not the cathedral!

• John Bailo says:

Sorry it is me didn’t mean to use a nym.

• Why don’t you Kentians arrange something and invite us?

• Naked Pizza maybe? It’s right near Kent Station…bring your bikes and we can tour “suburban apartment complexes”.

Probably wait for better weather though…

• I’m thinking about getting a bike again this spring. Partly inspired by your rides to Algona and such. Partly inspired by your rides to Algona and such. And all those trails and semi-rural places I’ve never seen because it’s so hard to get there by bus.

By the way, what’s the best way to bike from Capitol Hill to Kent? I used to use MLK for CD/RV because it’s flat and wide, but that was before Link. But what do you do when you get to Rainier Beach, how do you get to the Interurban Trail?

• Beacon Ave. and Lake Washington Blvd. are good bike routes through south Seattle. From there, you can get to the Green River Trail and the Interurban.

32. Peyton Stever says:

I’ll see you guys there. Can’t wait to see who the guest speaker is.

33. I’d like to join you.

34. I don’t comment so much anymore, but it is right across the street from me, so I’ll show up.

35. I’ll be there! Curious about this mystery speaker.

36. I will try to stop by, but will certainly be leaving by 6.

37. I’ll be there!!

38. The meetup was great. Ben announced that the ST board today voted unanimously for the ST3 planning package. Metro Manager Kevin Desmond and Mayor McGinn talked about the recent reorganization and Metro’s budget situation and Seatle’s first steps on the Transit Master Plan, etc, and they took questions. I had lots of good discussions with several people. There were so many topics I can’t really keep my thoughts straight to report more.

But I did want to mention one thing. asdf(?) wants to put together a group of people for transit hikes. I.e., you’d meet at a bus stop and hike on the nearby trails and hills and maybe even some in the city or suburbs. Hopefully we’ll be hearing more about this soon, because I would like to.

• Thanks for the report! I was stuck at the office until after 8:00, so couldn’t make it. I still hope to actually meet all of you before too long.

1. [...] to help us get there? Sign up and say you want to help out, or talk to me at tomorrow’s meetup, where we’ll talk a little more about what the board action means and what we can do to get [...]

2. [...] is an open thread. See you at the meetup [...]