- Dow Constantine is your new Sound Transit Board Chair, replacing Pierce County Exec Pat McCarthy. Paul Roberts (Everett) and Marilyn Strickland (Tacoma) are the new vice chairs.
- 12,000 comments on Sound Transit’s Long Range Plan are largely supportive of further expansion.
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) rank-and-file reject contract proposal ($) from Executive Constantine and endorsed by union leadership.
- ST Board approves its 2014 budget.
- Census suggests Seattle has the lowest proportion of “cost-burdened” renters ($) among 50 largest U.S. cities, although people displaced out of the city obviously aren’t in that statistic.
- Car2Go raises prices to 41 cents per minute, up from 38.
- Auburn Mayor looking for Sound Transit to solve his station access problems.
- Video of last month’s RapidRide C robbery. Heroism caught on tape.
- In Vancouver BC, where elites actually care about transit, proponents are horrified that needed Translink expansion could face an additional veto point via a public vote; here in Washington, only new highways are too important to risk at the ballot box, and Olympia won’t take the risk that King County might vote to maintain transit service.
This is an open thread.