- RapidRide E and F, which were supposed to launch in 2013, slipped to 2014. We can now expect RR E in February and RR F in June.
- The First Hill Streetcar will open in the Spring
- 2014 is also the year in which the 6-year Metro budget drama is scheduled to come to a head via drastic service cuts, although it appears that there will be a King County ballot initiative (the so-called “Plan B”) to go it alone, perhaps in the Spring.
- As it gears up for major construction and expansion in 2015-16, Sound Transit service is largely unchanged in 2014. This might be the quietest year ST’s had since its inception in terms of introducing new service.
- The Center City Connector, connecting the First Hill and South Lake Union Streetcars, will likely get funding.
- On a related note, 2014 will be the inaugural year for Seattle Mayor Ed Murray. We’ll be watching closely to see what, if any, changes occur on his watch.
- Down South in Pierce County, two new routes to Olympia will begin paid service in January.
- Even further South, expect better Cascades service to Eugene.
- Finally, with any luck we’ll find out what’s blocking Bertha
Get a weekly summary of our articles delivered to your inbox. Sign up now.