- RapidRide E and F, which were supposed to launch in 2013, slipped to 2014. We can now expect RR E in February and RR F in June.
- The First Hill Streetcar will open in the Spring
- 2014 is also the year in which the 6-year Metro budget drama is scheduled to come to a head via drastic service cuts, although it appears that there will be a King County ballot initiative (the so-called “Plan B”) to go it alone, perhaps in the Spring.
- As it gears up for major construction and expansion in 2015-16, Sound Transit service is largely unchanged in 2014. This might be the quietest year ST’s had since its inception in terms of introducing new service.
- The Center City Connector, connecting the First Hill and South Lake Union Streetcars, will likely get funding.
- On a related note, 2014 will be the inaugural year for Seattle Mayor Ed Murray. We’ll be watching closely to see what, if any, changes occur on his watch.
- Down South in Pierce County, two new routes to Olympia will begin paid service in January.
- Even further South, expect better Cascades service to Eugene.
- Finally, with any luck we’ll find out what’s blocking Bertha
Sign in or create an account to save your credentials and make commenting faster.
What to Watch For in 2014
January 1, 2014 at 7:00 am By
You may want to read our comment policy.