To accommodate Friday morning’s procession for slain officer Timothy Brenton, King County Metro has released the rerouted detours for all routes that will be affected by lie in the path of the procession, which is expected to last from 9am to 11am. However, traffic is expected to be affected as early as 8am and as late as 1pm. As far as we know, Metro has not made a clear update linking to all of the reroutes, so we’ve taken the liberty of identifying all of them (pdf).*
[UPDATE: 11:28am] *The procession is now over and Metro has pulled most, if not all, of the reroutes. A statement was issued:
The procession has concluded. All buses are back to regular route. While there are still some delays, most buses are back on schedule. Expect trolley routes to take a little longer to get back on regular schedule.
While there are no post memorial reroutes, you may experience delays due to heavy traffic around the Seattle Center during and after the event.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this event.
[UPDATE: 6:53am] Metro has added information about the shuttle and more reroutes. Commenter Transit Supervisor was also kind enough to post specific information about the Queen Anne Shuttle:
– From 2/Clay, via 3 Av, Broad St, Western Av, Western Av W, 2 Av W, via Rt 1 to Kinnear, via the wire to the Rt 2 terminal, continues as inbound 2 to Queen Anne/Galer, left on Queen Anne via Rt 13 to SPU. Opposite in reverse, except that the motor coach will follow regular Rt 1 routing SB on Queen Anne Av N. NB signed “W Queen Anne via SHUTTLE” and SB signed as “To Seattle Center West”
– The other is the Rt 4 Night/Sun routing between the top of the hill and 5 Av N & Valley St. Signed NB “4 E Queen Anne via Nite/Sun Rt” and SB “To Seattle Center East”
See the list of links to individual bus routes below the jump.
- Metro Transit 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, & Shuttle Service
- Metro Transit 5
- Metro Transit 8
- Metro Transit 9
- Metro Transit 10
- Metro Transit 11
- Metro Transit 12
- Metro Transit 14
- Metro Transit 15
- Metro Transit 16
- Metro Transit 17
- Metro Transit 18
- Metro Transit 24 & 33
- Metro Transit 25
- Metro Transit 26 & 28
- Metro Transit 30
- Metro Transit 43 & 44
- Metro Transit 48
- Metro Transit 49
- Metro Transit 60
- Metro Transit 66
- Metro Transit 70
- Metro Transit 71, 72, & 73
- Metro Transit 255 & Sound Transit 545
- Metro Transit 271 & Sound Transit 540 & 556
- Metro Transit 358
[UPDATE:] There are also a number of routes that simply cross the path of the procession but will not be rerouted. There are too many for us to list so if your bus crosses the route anywhere on this map, it’s a good idea to either plan for delays, walk, or just stay at home.
If you use any of these routes in your commute tomorrow morning, we strongly advise you to make travel preparations beforehand. Congestion is expected to be severe anywhere near the procession route. Keep in mind that since a lot of these bus routes lie in the direct path of the procession, major detours may take you far away from your destination, so plan accordingly.