This post originally appeared on Orphan Road.
It occurred to me that the electronic signs in Link’s windows telling you their destination are almost useless, since we currently only have one line. Also, the electronic signs announcing departing trains will be a bit sad, with only one destination announced per direction. I therefore suggest the following use, for one day humor value:
1. Change train signs to destinations in other cities. Since everyone in Seattle seems to come from California, I think something along the line of “N Judah” or “Pittsburgh / Bay Point” might be sufficiently disorienting.
2. Why limit the electronic signs to announcing the soonest trains to depart? I’m picturing:
- Westlake Center: 2 minutes
- Westlake Center: 8 minutes
- University District: 6 years
- Overlake Transit Center: 20 years