Beacon Hill station a “marvel in engineering“. It’s certainly my favorite.
- Burien TC groundbreaking Saturday.
- East half of 520 bids come in well under budget.
- The feds promise $34m for the South Park bridge and $10m for freight rail in Vancouver, WA. Plus, $5m for TOD planning to PSRC.
- Transit drivers engaging in a little activism on the job, get slapped down by Metro.
- Another rough day for rail reliability. I’m not sure whether the frequency if these is a result of more failures or better reporting by ST.
- If you don’t pay your parking tickets, the city might boot your car.
- A new national database of TOD.
- The federal gas tax should be indexed to inflation.
- One reason STB doesn’t talk about other progressive issues is that we’d like this headline to be possible in Washington, someday.
This is an open thread.