Two separate mudslides have canceled all Amtrak service between Portland and Vancouver BC. Conforming with BNSF’s 48-hour moratorium following such events, service is expected to resume on Tuesday morning.
- Buses will completely replace trains 501, 506, 508, 510, 513, 516, and 517 .
- Trains 11 and 14 (Coast Starlight), 500, 507, and 509 will run as trains between Eugene and Portland and as buses between Portland and Seattle.
- Train 504 (Portland to Eugene only) is unaffected.
- Due both to our mudslides and heavy snow in Minnesota/North Dakota, please check with Amtrak regarding the status of the Empire Builder. Over the next two days trains will be severely delayed and will originate either at Everett or Spokane (depending upon tardiness) and passengers will be bused to/from Seattle.
- North Sounder will not run on Monday. South Sounder is currently unaffected.
Real-time train information is always available here. Given the likely extent of flooding in Western Washington through Tuesday, bus replacement may soon experience its own delays or cancellations. Stay tuned.