[UPDATE: TCC has a political action page to preserve service on Routes 1, 2, and 3 at the expense of other service.]
Commenter Tcmetro has the scoop:
Pierce Transit has announced the details of their service cuts. The booklet of proposed changes is available here: http://www.piercetransit.org/pdfs/Reduction_Booklet.pdf
– Fairly similar to what is described in PT Tomorrow.
– 20% cuts to take place on June 12th, with another 15% cut on October 2nd.
– Reduced emergency service will continue until June 11th.
– Most routes will operate every 30 minutes during rush hours and every 60 minutes at other times.
– Hours of operation significantly reduced. (~5 am-8 pm on the weekdays and 10am-6pm on the weekends).
– The main lines (1,2,3) will operate with more hours and frequency than the other lines.
The CNG explosion has, predictably aggravated PT’s budget situation. The booklet runs through all the changes route-by-route.
Public meetings start Monday.