ST has released the new booklet for the service change effective June 11th 12th. Significant revenue-related cuts to express service begin now. Changes listed in the booklet:
- The 599 eliminated.
- The Burien-West Seattle leg of the 560 is now peak-only.
- On Sundays only, ST will consolidate the 510 and 511 into a 512 that serves both markets.
- No more 535s on Sunday.
- Fewer trips on the 540, 554, and 566. The 554 becomes a 20-minute headway route.
- One more 550 trip.
- The 586 goes into summer-quarter mode, meaning less service.
- A new Tacoma Link stop at S 11th St opens sometime this summer. Headways drop to every 12 minutes, all day, Monday-Saturday, and every 24 minutes at all other times. This is up from 10 or 20 minutes currently. It’s far past time that ST published a schedule for service that infrequent.
There are “minor schedule adjustments” and route changes all over the place, so if you use ST check it out.
There’s no obvious change to the Central Link schedule, but there’s mention of “minor adjustments.” Because weekday headways are advertised as “10-15 minutes” there’s no way of telling if they’re cutting any of the trains that used to provide 10 minute headways during the day. [UPDATE: Oran says “The minor changes to Central Link [are] the extension of the last 3 trips of the night to Beacon Hill Station and route 36 trip to downtown connecting with the last Link trip. I wrote about that 2 months ago.]