With pay-as-you-leave disappearing later this year, Metro is gathering data about its operational impact on the tunnel:
Metro has been doing a series of travel-time tests both on surface streets and in the transit tunnel to determine what operational changes need to be made next fall once all passengers are required to pay fares upon entering the bus. Metro and Sound Transit are involving the bus riders in this latest test.
If you are riding a bus in the tunnel between 4-6 p.m. next Tuesday, please look for signage that directs you to:
- Exit the bus at the back door;
- Enter the bus from the front door;
- Board the southbound ST Express Route 550 at Bay C;
- Note that Bay D will be moved forward about 30-40 feet at each station to enable faster boarding on the other southbound bus routes; and
- Watch for buses in both directions to drop you off further forward on the platform than normal.