- The streetcar tracks on Jackson St are hazardous to people on bikes, and there is no parallel facility. Seattle Bike Blog explores design changes to fix it.
- Burien (1) and Kenmore (2) are feeling left out of ST3 planning, and are making noise about it. (B-Town Blog and Shoreline Area News)
- Meanwhile, ST3 will go nowhere without Olympia, and new reports are saying that it’s not exactly going well, with transportation talks “put on ice” as the second special session nears its end. (Times, $)
- Racism is alive and well, example 1,046: rental discrimination is rampant at many properties in Seattle, and “Director’s Charges” have been filed against 13 properties, including the Station at Othello. (CHS)
- Block by block: how the Broadway bikeway extension will remake the street between Denny and Aloha. (CHS)
- How Ballard and Fremont looked with a complete street network, and how mid-century, grid-slicing arterials scarred it. (The Urbanist)
- Ferry fares are going up in October, by 2.5% for vehicles and by 1% for passengers. (KOMO)
This is an open thread.