Even though federal funding for Lynnwood Link is up in the air, Sound Transit is continuing to work on final design of Lynnwood Link and its four stations in Shoreline, Mountlake Terrace and Lynnwood.
Sound Transit has posted this survey asking the public to help name the stations at NE 145th, NE 185th, Mountlake Terrace TC and Lynnwood TC. The options were selected from over 650 suggestions placed during last November’s design open houses, but there is also a write-in option for other suggestions.
Sound Transit’s criteria for station names was laid out in 2012 and includes the following guidelines:
- Reflect the nature of the environment: neighborhoods, street names, landmarks and geographic locations.
- Be brief, easy to read and easy to remember.
- Avoid commercial references because they may change and prove confusing to the public.
- Avoid similar names or words in existing facility names.
- Limited to 30 characters (spaces count).
- Comply with federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines and requirements.
The survey closes on April 5, and a final decision from the Sound Transit Board (who are the final authority in naming stations) is expected in spring or summer of this year.