- The time-lapse video of one of the walkways going in at Sea-Tac is pretty cool.
- Puyallup wants BRT. I wish people pushing for a particular form of transportation – including those pushing my favorite, light rail – would not say their system reduces congestion, as Puyallup spokeswoman Glenda Carino did. With the exception of some sort of tolling, congestion pricing or otherwise, nothing really reduces congestion. This BRT will just provide a nice alternative to a lot of people. Go for it, Puyallup!
- The National Journal has some experts discussing the merits of the VMT tax idea John mentioned last week.
- The Transport Politic had a great piece on the VMT tax, showing that the gas tax as currently collected is broken because: 1) the tax doesn’t rise with inflation, 2) people are driving less and c) people are driving more fuel efficient cars. Highly recommended that you read the whole thing.
- WSDOT is holding a preliminary open house about the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement Tunnel tonight.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2009
Madison Middle School
3429 45th Ave. SW, Seattle
Served by King County Metro bus routes 51, 55, 56, 57, 128
- We’ll never know whether John McCain would make a good president or not, I bet he would have been fine overall. But from the standpoint of this blog’s topic, surely it’s better that we didn’t elect the guy who doesn’t know the difference between high speed rail and light rail.
Sign in or create an account to save your credentials and make commenting faster.
News Round-Up: VMT Tax
February 23, 2009 at 11:08 pm By
You may want to read our comment policy.