- Publicola on Kevin Wallace, the Bellevue City Council, and East Link. More here. ECB also hints at Wallace’s potential conflicts of interest.
- Biking in Seattle is up.
- $1.23m bid for Intelligent Transportation Systems on RapidRide A is 46% below budget. ($)
- The Bellingham Herald reports that Whatcom County has a trip planner that aims to cover the whole North Sound.
- Jefferson Transit going for stimulus money to build a new transit facility.
- Various tribal transit agencies in Washington get $1.2m in federal stimulus funds. (H/T: Andrew Villeneuve)
- Vashon Island water taxi strikes debris, out of commission Friday. Service was restored Monday. (H/T: Mike Fisher)
- Transit Agency Marketing: an LA case study.
- Infrastructurist has a list of the four biggest highway boondoggles, and Washington has #1 and #4.
- A portal for transit apps nationwide, including OneBusAway.
- Drivers in Phoenix still not used to light rail.
- Why you see fewer trolleybuses on weekends. Reported three months ago here.
- Electric Trolley Boats (H/T: Gordon Werner)
Please fill out our reader survey if you haven't yet. Thanks!
You may want to read our comment policy.