Things that fell through the cracks while we obsessed over the McGinn light rail speech:
- Metro GM Kevin Desmond on OneBusAway.
- SDOT speeding up Route 44.
- A fatal shooting at the Federal Way Transit Center.
- Joe Mallahan drives 6 blocks to work, not a big transit user.
- Results of the PSRC 2040 comment period.
- Comment on PSRC’s “Transportation Improvement Program” project list. There are lots of small-bore road and bike projects relevant to transit.
- Metro’s vanpool program wins a national award. UW and Bellevue Downtown Association also winners.
- State not ready to toll 520 yet.
- John McCain hates most major transit projects, including U-Link and the RapidRide B line.
- Why you don’t see trolleybuses on weekends.
- Kids enjoy Link. I’ve often joked Link is my $2 billion babysitter.
- The Oregonian tours Link.
- ST CEO Joni Earl defends the Sounder berm design in Tacoma. But part of the segment will be a bridge.
- Whining about (lack of) parks on the NYC Subway map (H/T: Mike Fisher)
This is an open thread.