- Red Monorail train stalls yesterday and again today. Among those stranded yesterday was Robert Baker, who drove the train on opening day of the 1962 World’s Fair.
And here is a thrilling video of today’s rescue:
- Port of Seattle suspends construction on massive new rental car lot. We’ve mentioned this project in the past.
- Just tear it down already: Drivers complain about viaduct replacement options not providing enough open road for their gas guzzlers, slog rightfully tells them to tough it out. So, how do we deal with the traffic problem? Both plans include money for a West Seattle BRT line, and new 1st ave streetcar.
- Driver injured in collision with Amtrak Cascades train, after apparently turning under the crossing arm. Really?
- To the white house in style: President and Vice President Elects Obama and Biden will take the train to the Inauguration, holding events along the way.
- Metro is preparing for next round of snow, hoping to avoid ending up in any more hilarious youtube videos. You can see a list of active bus reroutes here, and general information about adverse weather here. Remember that many buses, such as the 71 (scroll to the bottom), have a predefined snow reroute. Update: Andrew posted more information about all this. If you have to drive tomorrow, please do be careful.