Some news today besides the inauguration:
- Sumner gets a new bus route (409) serving its Sounder station on February 9. There will be no stops; riders can board the bus at the point of their choosing. It’s nice to see that the budget crisis hasn’t put every transit agency in a defensive crouch.
- More tolling is being considered on both SR 167 and the SR 99 tunnel.
- The infrastructure lobby is disappointed in the composition of the stimulus proposals.
- Congress may bribe you to get rid of your gas guzzler and replace it with an efficient car or transit pass.
- New Yorkers dream of a transit-heavy stimulus.
(H/Ts: Andrew, Monica)