Most of the big light-rail related bus changes don’t occur till September, but the June service change (actually in effect Saturday, May 30) still has tons of important changes. Both Metro and Sound Transit (pdf) are doing these. Highlights:
- New Route 578 operates as a partial “Sounder shadow” providing off-peak service to many South Sounder stations.
- One more South Sounder round trip; many new ST Express trips as a result of Prop. 1 passing last year.
- The Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel will be open 20 hours a day, 6 days a week, and 18 hours on Sundays. This affects all of the tunnel routes and matches Link’s operating schedule.
- The Burien Transit Center opens, affecting tons of routes.
- New bay assignments at South Sammamish P&R, Bellevue Transit Center, Aurora Village Transit Center, and Houghton P&R.
- Route changes for 554, 555, 556, 5, 21E, 64, 66, 67, 210, 306, 308, 312, and 358.