Once U-Link construction gets a little further along, Link will accommodate 4-car trains, carrying up to 800 people each.
The are four stations in the Downtown Seattle tunnel.
The local media is in overdrive:
- KING 5 news reports Sound Transit is scrambling to finish testing and get the elevators and escalators certified by the State. On three separate occasions in the report, Mt. Baker Station is inexplicably identified as “Rainier Station.” ST is confident they’ll finish on time.
- The Sunday Seattle Times had a fantastic introductory graphic. Use it to explain Link to your grandparents.
- Mayor Nickels takes ownership of the Link project, for better or worse.
- Lindblom has a nice capsule history of rail in Seattle.
- The Times also looks at some public art at the stations.
- It turns out that elevated section in Tukwila is too loud. Sound Transit’s going to fix it.
- The cities of Tukwila and Seatac start to realize they have a big asset there. Better late than never, Tukwila.
- The US High Speed Rail Association launches a website.
- The Tahoe Regional Transit Agency asks STB readers to provide feedback on their new website. Please send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.