Less than 48 hours!
Come here for all your opening day coverage! Saturday, we’ll be massively ramping up our post frequency. Follow us here; better yet, try twitter, where it’ll be even more excessive. The whole staff will be roaming around, posting and tweeting; we welcome your photos in the Flickr pool.
And oh, so much news:
- Joni Earl signed the certificate of occupancy at 5pm, so we’re good to go for Saturday.
- Goldy says people will walk to light rail.
- Senator Patty Murray gets $7.6m for Washington State Ferries. Murray also pens an op-ed celebrating the opening.
- The Times profiles the Sound Transit security plan.
- The Othello Safeway is not going to close after all, meaning that Othello, Mt. Baker, Beacon Hill, and Westlake will all have full supermarkets within easy walking distance.
- KOMO says there’s nowhere to park — and says there’s a station at Southcenter.
- Power lines related to Link are ruining someone’s views. Will the atrocities never cease?