WSDOT and BNSF sign Memorandum of Agreement to spend intercity rail stimulus money.
- Intercity Transit punts till next year the decision on ceasing the Dash Shuttle.
- Mike Lindblom has an excellent survey of Metro’s labor situation.
- Two new members on the Community Transit Board.
- GNP Railway applies to run freight and “excursion” trains as far south as Redmond in the old BNSF corridor. The reaction, from Cascade Bicycle Club and Redmond, is negative.
- Juanita in Motion to have a Kirkland Community Bike Ride, Saturday from 10am-12pm, to introduce people to bicycling amenities. More here.
- This will make some readers’ heads explode, but ORCA being held up as an example of how to do something right. The author is right that DC and Seattle transit have many structural similarities in terms of agencies.
- SR 167 HOT lanes more popular, still losing money.
- A life quietly saved by an alert driver.
- Beefed up security at FWTC.
- Seattle doing relatively well, for an American City, in pedestrian safety. (H/T: Josh Mahar)
This is an open thread.