After another round of comments, Metro staff has finalized its recommendation for changes to Eastside bus service centered around RapidRide B opening on October 1st.
The recommendations go to the County Council for approval, which is not a mere formality. The relevant committee is holding a public hearing on April 12th, 6pm, at the Mercer Island Community Center, where riders are invited to make comments. Also, there’s an email option, probably less effective than showing up.
- Revised Route 222 would be renumbered as Route 241
- The revised western section of Route 230 would be renumbered as Route 235
- Revised Route 233 would be renumbered as Route 226
- Route 240 would serve the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride, Bellevue Way SE, and 112th Avenue SE rather than SE 36th Street, the Eastgate Park-and-Ride, Richards Road, and 112th Avenue SE. [Metro apparently went with Bellevue’s recommendation on this subject].
- Revised Route 249 would run on NE 29th Place between 148th Avenue NE and NE 24th Street instead of through the intersection of 148th Avenue NE and NE 24th Street.
See also this informative service frequency chart. The B line, 255, 271, 545, and 550 will constitute the frequent (15 min. mid-day) service network, with the 245 only a few trips short. Many more maps and other details are available at the project website.