We are passing this American Public Transportation Association (APTA) announcement along to our young readers. Looks like an amazing opportunity.
This June, APTA will host its second youth summit—Generation Green on Board: A Youth Summit To Advance Public Transportation—and APTA needs your help attracting student applicants.
Students from across the country who will be high school juniors and seniors in the 2011 -2012 school year will come together June 26-30 in Washington, DC to learn how public transportation helps build vibrant communities and improves the environment. The summit will also expose participants to transit career opportunities.
The all-expenses-paid opportunity includes these highlights:
• Experience five days in the Nation’s Capital
• Learn about the benefits of public transportation and how transit is helping shape a brighter future
• Meet lawmakers and congressional leaders
• Participate in hands-on local transit tours
• Discover the wide range of exciting career paths within the transit industry
APTA member organizations are asked to work with local schools and encourage students in their communities to apply for this unique experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15.