- Street food legislation passes. Hallelujah!
- Julia Patterson commits to support the $20 vehicle license fee for Metro; that’s five votes, enough to get it to the ballot but not to pass it outright.
- Metro ridership increased almost 6% from June 2010, and the second quarter gain was about 4%.
- Dominic Holden reads a big chunk of the deep-bore tunnel EIS. Compared to simply tearing down the viaduct, it helps some trips, hurts others, has no impact on still more, all for the low low price of $1.9 billion.
- Kirkland CRC meeting lukewarm about more transit taxes.
- Pierce Transit lays off 150 employees.
- 520 tolling still squashing bugs.
- Clark, Burgess debate Roosevelt density. Roger Valdez issues a well-deserved rebuttal. Some fighting for more stuff at the station.
- New freight rail project at the Port of Everett.
This is an open thread.