Yesterday the Sound Transit Board of Directors unanimously approved a motion to complete high capacity transit planning in time to allow a 2016 Sound Transit 3 ballot measure, if the local political winds are favorable and revenue authority is forthcoming from Olympia.
By 2014, ST staff is to have updated the 2005 Long-Range Plan. They will also deliver High-Capacity Transportation (HCT Corridor studies) as listed on p. 101 of the Draft 2013 Transit Improvement Plan:
- Lynnwood- SW Everett Industrial Center Everett
- Overlake Transit Center — Downtown Redmond
- South Bellevue — Issaquah
- Redondo/Star Lake — Tacoma
- Redmond — Kirkland — U-District
- U-District — Ballard — Downtown Seattle (Ballard — Downtown Segment budgeted separtely [sic] Project 809101)
- Renton — Tukwila/SeaTac — Burien
- Downtown Seattle — West Seattle- Burien
ST will decide on an actual ST3 project list from the above in 2015-6. This is all enabled by the Board’s decision to allocate funding for this work last December.