This is a sponsored post
Seattle Children’s nationally-renowned Transportation & Sustainability Department is seeking a Transportation Planner who specializes in data analysis, shuttle system design, and strategic planning. In conjunction with colleagues, this position is responsible for designing, planning, and implementing TDM strategies and programs that support the organization’s goal of reducing drive alone commute trips to Seattle Children’s main hospital campus and other CTR-affected worksites.
The ideal candidate is proficient with ArcGIS, has knowledge of TDM principals and strategies, has experience designing and implementing shuttle service, experience managing data and preparing data for decision-makers. We are looking for an individual who is able to work independently and as a member of a team, who is improvement- and performance-oriented. Proficiency with Tableau data visualization software and Stata or comparable data analysis software is a plus.
Read the full job description and apply online. The position will remain open until filled. More information below.
Learn More About Seattle Children’s Progressive Transportation Programs:
- Seattle Children’s transportation story as told by the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT)
- In 2015, Seattle Children’s was recognized with the League of American Bicyclists highest honor, the Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business Award. Seattle Children’s is one of just 22 organizations across the nation to receive this prestigious award
- Seattle Children’s is one of a few workplaces in the nation with an on-site, full service bike shop for employees
Seattle Children’s is a Great Place to Work
- Seattle Children’s is cited as one of the top 10 best employers in the nation and has received many awards
- Seattle Children’s has an inclusive, collaborative culture that emphasizes Accountability, Respect, Teamwork and compassion; Learn more about our culture
- Seattle Children’s provides competitive salaries, great benefits and excellent professional development opportunities
- Learn more about our robust benefits package
Transportation Perk Highlights
- A $4.50 daily commute bonus every day you choose not to drive alone to work and instead commute by rail, bus, carpool, vanpool, bike or walk
- A deeply discounted ORCA transit pass for unlimited bus, train, light rail and foot ferry rides for personal and business trips; the cost is $78/year
- Access to up to two free bicycle tune-ups and gear discounts at our onsite Staff Bicycle Service Center at our main hospital campus in NE Seattle
- Access to free bike classes, lockers, showers, towel service and secure parking
- Free use of a Seattle Children’s-owned Company Bike when you commit to biking to work twice a week year-round
- Free personal Zipcar membership
How to Apply
Seattle Children’s is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate with respect to hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Seattle Children’s is committed to a safe and drug free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
Children’s is a smoke-free workplace.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.