JOBS: Two Transportation Program Operations/Customer Service Positions Open at Seattle Children’s: a Supervisor and an Administrative Coordinator
Seattle Children’s nationally-renowned Transportation & Sustainability Department has two open program operations/customer service positions.
This leadership position oversees the day-to-day customer service, business/financial operations, and administration of Seattle Children’s Transportation Department commute programs, including, but not limited, to commute concierge, new employee orientations, parking assignments, bike programs, Guaranteed Ride Home, and carpool, vanpool and transit perks. In addition to being responsible for supervising the department’s front line customer service staff, this position oversees the department’s daily and long-term business practices by administering, monitoring, and auditing financial transactions with internal and external stakeholders and participating in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process.
Our ideal candidate has at least one year of supervisory experience, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, is a critical thinker and problem solver, is anticipatory, and has demonstrated experience with basic accounting and billing practices, supporting front line customer service teams, and maintaining databases. Read the full job description and apply online. The position will remain open until filled.
The Administrative Coordinator provides a wide range of administrative, program, and business systems support as well as data management tasks. This position directly supports the department director and other department leaders by scheduling meetings, arranging travel, maintaining calendars, etc., and works with confidential, time-sensitive materials. This position is responsible for updating the team’s use of visual management tools to track, monitor and manage data, performance goals, and operational impacts and is a critical member of the department’s customer service team, providing front line program and customer support both in-person and via email.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, anticipatory, has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, can handle complex scheduling using Outlook, has experience with basic accounting and billing practices, and has the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines with a calm demeanor. Read the full job description and apply online. The position will remain open until filled.
Learn More About Seattle Children’s Progressive Transportation Programs:
- Seattle Children’s transportation story as told by the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) in 2017
- In 2015, Seattle Children’s was recognized with the League of American Bicyclists highest honor, the Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business Award. Seattle Children’s is one of just 22 organizations across the nation to receive this prestigious award
- Seattle Children’s is one of a few workplaces in the nation with an on-site, full service bike shop for employees
Seattle Children’s is a Great Place to Work
- Seattle Children’s is cited as one of the top 10 best employers in the nation and has received many awards
- Seattle Children’s has an inclusive, collaborative culture that emphasizes Accountability, Respect, Teamwork and compassion; Learn more about our culture
- Seattle Children’s provides competitive salaries, great benefits and excellent professional development opportunities
- Learn more about our robust benefits package
Transportation Perk Highlights
- A $4.50 daily commute bonus every day you choose not to drive alone to work and instead commute by rail, bus, carpool, vanpool, bike or walk
- A deeply discounted ORCA transit pass for unlimited bus, train, light rail and foot ferry rides for personal and business trips; the cost is $130/year
- Access to up to two free bicycle tune-ups and gear discounts at our onsite Staff Bicycle Service Center at our hospital campus in NE Seattle
- Access to free bike classes, lockers, showers, towel service and secure parking
- Free use of a Seattle Children’s-owned Company Bike when you commit to biking to work twice a week year-round
- Free personal Zipcar membership
Seattle Children’s is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate with respect to hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Seattle Children’s is committed to a safe and drug free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.