Join Seattle Children’s innovative Transportation & Sustainability Department in one of two newly created, TDM-focused positions: a Parking & Valet Systems Manager and a limited-term Transportation Systems Coordinator.
Parking & Valet Systems Manager
This leadership role will manage Seattle Children’s new 24/7 patient and family hospital valet operation, the organization’s parking system, and other roadway and pathway hardscape assets for all Seattle Children’s worksites with a focus on the hospital campus. In addition to designing and delivering best-in-class, customer-centric valet services to patients, families and visitors who are seeking treatment or services from Children’s emergency department and outpatient clinics, the Parking & Valet Systems Manager will be responsible for providing a safe, effective and pleasant experience for employees and customers using Seattle Children’s parking lots, roadways and pathways. This position will work with a range of internal leaders to develop and deliver support systems, countermeasures, and capacity to optimize clinical demand flow.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of valet and parking management experience, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and enjoys providing value and convenience to families who are stressed by their Children’s health issue. Read the full job description and apply online. The position will remain open until filled.
Transportation Systems Coordinator – Limited Term
This new, limited-term Transportation Systems Coordinator position will provide a wide range of customer service and administrative support in the enhancement, development, and expansion of the department’s daily operations. Serving as one of the primary points of contact for in-person, electronic, and telephone inquiries, this position will assist employees with commute planning, parking needs, and responding to questions about Seattle Children’s transportation programs. In addition to participating in the department’s internal outreach efforts, this position will be responsible for the customer service and data management aspects of Seattle Children’s renowned Company Bike Program (see below for more information about the program).
Our ideal candidate has two or more years of customer service or administrative support experience, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, is detail-oriented, and interested in bicycling. Read the full job description and apply online. The position will remain open until filled.
Learn More About Seattle Children’s Progressive Transportation Programs:
- Seattle Children’s transportation storyas told by the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) in 2017
- In 2015, Seattle Children’s was recognized with the League of American Bicyclists highest honor, the Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business Award. Seattle Children’s is one of just 22 organizations across the nation to receive this prestigious award
- Seattle Children’s is one of a few workplaces in the nation with an on-site, full service bike shop for employees
Seattle Children’s is a Great Place to Work
- Seattle Children’s is cited as one of the top 10 best employers in the nation and has received many awards
- Seattle Children’s has an inclusive, collaborative culture that emphasizes Accountability, Respect, Teamwork and compassion; Learn more about our culture
- Seattle Children’s provides competitive salaries, great benefits and excellent professional development opportunities
- Learn more about our robust benefits package
Transportation Perk Highlights
- A $4.50 daily commute bonus every day you choose not to drive alone to work and instead commute by rail, bus, carpool, vanpool, bike or walk
- A deeply discounted ORCA transit pass for unlimited bus, train, light rail and foot ferry rides for personal and business trips; the cost is $130/year
- Access to up to two free bicycle tune-ups and gear discounts at our onsite Staff Bicycle Service Center at our hospital campus in NE Seattle
- Access to free bike classes, lockers, showers, towel service and secure parking
- Free use of a Seattle Children’s-owned Company Bike when you commit to biking to work twice a week year-round
- Free personal Zipcar membership
Seattle Children’s is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate with respect to hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Seattle Children’s is committed to a safe and drug free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.