KIRO did an interesting investigation into why the new (post 2015) trolley buses keep dropping off the wiresUpdate: this is apparently an old story
- Mayor Durkan announces a missing middle housing task force
- WSDOT spending $4.4M to market the new downtown tunnel
- On a totally unrelated note, here are all the new single-family homes built in the city in recent years
- Higher fines for HOV violators?
- Sound Transit’s positive train control (PTC) project is done, clearing the way for Amtrak’s return this spring
- A man was killed on a Metro bus in SODO
- The King/Snohomish Master Builders argue for more density. See also: Oregon.
- The Democratic majority in Olympia is going to have another go at spending more on highways and less on transit
- Zoning and the Green New Deal
- Seattle DOT is planning to allow right-on-red from the tunnel exit through the Dexter bike lane. Seems problematic?
- Why can’t Seattle build affordable housing on land it already owns?
- Yep, the tunnel is terrible
- Eastside officials looking for ways to spend Microsoft’s money
- Road pricing can be equitable
- $160M approved for the waterfront LID
- Seattle transit ridership still bucking trends
This is an open thread