- Thomas Street Greenway and a “protected intersection” coming to South Lake Union area
- I-976 could be blocked as soon as next week.
- Which is good, because I-976 will be very bad for people with mobility-limiting disabilities, especially those in more rural areas.
- OR and WA are re-starting the Columbia River Crossing. But do they need to?
- Uber/Lyft pickup zones in Capitol Hill
- One cleverly-designed study estimates that self-driving cars will increase total vehicle miles traveled by 83 percent.
- A list of the neighborhood street fund projects that will be built with Move Seattle Levy money.
- Related: after 3 years(!) of planning and design work, the city is scrapping a school safety project on Beacon
AvenueHill due to complaints from neighborhood motorists
- Legalizing duplexes shouldn’t take a decade
- NYC is spending a lot on cops to stop fare evasion. File this away for when someone says that adding turnstiles to Seattle’s Link system will solve all our problems.
- Related: an interesting interview about policing and transit
- Also related Sound Transit is conducting a survey on fare enforcement
- Attention map nerds: new Apple Maps have rolled out in the Northwest and Midwest (including Seattle)
- Cheesecake and shrimp shut down I-5 last week. The weirdest things that have shut down local freeways.
- Westneat: King County is subsidizing the rest of the state.
- WA carbon emissions are not going down
This is an open thread