The first hearing for House Bill 1304 for grade-separated transportation was moved to Tuesday, February 9th, at 10 am. Register now for Seattle Subway’s pre-testimony seminar scheduled for Monday, February 8th, at 6 pm.
As we noted last week, this bill will give Seattle the tools we need to solve a lot of problems. The most exciting part: HB 1304 can help address Link expansion timelines and create a system that serves the entire city. We need your help to advance the bill out of the Local Government committee.
Regarding the ST3 budget gap, Sound Transit CEO Peter Rogoff wrote earlier this week, “Succeeding now requires us to come together to overcome lower revenue projections and higher cost estimates.” We agree with Sound Transit that time is of the essence. To fill the budget gap caused by COVID, we truly need partnership at every level of government—city, region, state, and federal—working together.
With the legislature’s help to fix a minor piece of obsolete statutory language, Seattle can do its part to help keep ST3 projects within the city on track and enable further expansion beyond ST3. Your testimony (via zoom) is something concrete you can do in the present to support this vital work, and like all democracy, numbers matter.
Monday, February 8th, at 6 pm, Seattle Subway is holding a pre-testimony seminar on Zoom so that everyone who testifies can be as effective as possible. You can register for that here to receive dial-in instructions. We strongly recommend that you attend to help present a strong and effective message.
Reminder – you can sign up to testify via zoom or in writing here:
- Click: https://app.leg.wa.gov/csiremote/house
- Select Committee: “Local Government”
- Select Meeting: Select “2/9/2021 10:00AM”
- Select Agenda Item: “HB 1304 Grade-separated transport.”
- Select type of testimony: “I would like to submit written testimony.”; “I would like to Testify Live During the Hearing.”; or “I would like my position noted for the legislative record.”
- You will be sent to another page.
- Select Position: “Pro”
- Fill out your information
- If you chose to write testimony, write your testimony (limit 5000 characters)
What we said when we first started our work in 2011 is as true today as it was then: Traffic is over – if you want it. Help us give everyone the option of a traffic-free life.