- The port’s rental car garage plan I mentioned will not be decided on for a few weeks more at least.
- The Kitsap Sun pleads for ferry support in the legislature.
- Cap’n Transit expresses worry for the promises of BRT. It’s a common concern I think.
- Kids are waiting longer to drive than ever before. Part of this is laws that make it harder to get driver’s licenses, as we have here in Washington. The degree to which the decline has happened is pretty remarkable, from 43.8% in 1998 to just 29.8% in 2006. As someone who didn’t get a driver’s license until 23, I am not particularly surprised.
- SDoT has been testing viaduct closures, even as plans to rebuild the viaduct are re-surfacing.
- Finally, Bainbridge Island is lobbying for foot ferries. I was all for foot ferries until Ron Sims’ sneaky $1.1 billion foot ferry legislation. $1.1 billion is almost enough for light rail to Northgate.
Photo from the STB flickr pool.