Here are some highlights from last week:
- Monday we learned that the viaduct is going to be replaced with a deep-bore tunnel. Ben Schiendelman argued that highways can’t be growth management, and this tunnel is no exception.
- Later on Monday Martin told us about coming Metro changes to Southeast Seattle and Southwest Seattle with Link coming on line.
- On Tuesday, I said I hated the tunnel, though I’m warming to it. The viaduct replacement tunnel picture also became more clear.
- Early Thursday we got a look at the US House’s stimulus package, which had $10 billion in transit spending from a $825 billion package.
- Later on Thursday, we discussed Gregoire’s stimulus plan.
- On Saturday, Martin argued the Huskies should play at Qwest field and use the land around the station for some TOD.
- On Saturday, Brian questioned the routing, but Community Transit’s Swift service will have some very pretty stations.