Last week, we welcomed a new president, but there was a fair bit of transportation news as well.
- On Sunday, I stated a couple of problems with the stimulus package as I saw them.
- On Tuesday, we discussed whether the Mercer Mess Fix and the Spokane Street viaduct were good stimulus projects or not.
- Wednesday, Martin showed us some early details on Ballard Rapid Ride, including routings!
- Thursday we talked about the deferred Boeing Access Road and came up with a lot of reasons to build it, which is easy when you don’t have to come up with the money.
- Friday Martin gave us even more details on Rapid Ride, this time about the system’s payment and station information.
- Friday afternoon, I asked for help finding books about transit and urban planning to read on my upcoming sojourn in Japan.