U-Link opens in 2016.
Central Link (Westlake to Seatac) is 16 miles long.
Lots of items on this last day before the long weekend:
- Goldy at horsesass is sore about some SDOT safety improvements near the light rail line. Will he be out there blocking the tracks on opening day?
- The new Redmond Park & Ride Garage opens July 6. By consolidating the spaces from the old surface lot into a smaller footprint, a developer was able to build an adjacent apartment complex. Bravo.
- TriMet hosted a media ride for the MAX’s new Green Line. (H/T; Jonathan Winslow)
- Portland has also released a Streetcar system plan and is soliciting comments on it.
- Transporation Secretary Ray LaHood was in Portland yesterday. He called Portland the “transporation capital,” “green capital,” “streetcar capital,” and “livable communities capital of America.” That’s a bit overstated given how some older cities work, but good for Portland. He also (rightly) gave a shout out to their awesome congressional delegation. Here’s the video: