If you haven’t read STB since before Christmas, shame on you. To help you out, here are some highlights since the holiday began:
- The tradeoff between operating speed and stop separation: which gets more riders?
- A 2010 preview.
- A Greg Nickels retrospective.
- More TVMs in more places.
- Why can’t we have more center platforms?
- A reflection on why transit is important, with a comment thread that unfortunately degrades into bus vs. rail.
- The civic duty of developers.
- A recap on how fares and transfer policies changed on January 1, which may be too late for some of you.