STB has done a deep dive into the street overhauls and bus service restructures being considered by the One Center City project. If you haven’t already done so, please Participate in the online open house, and Comment at the site. The comment form is just an open-form text box, and there are no surveys to complete.
As we wrote in our Tuesday editorial, we believe in:
- Increasing transit priority throughout Center City, but especially on 3rd Avenue
- Delaying Convention Center construction until new Link vehicles arrive to replace lost capacity
- Maximizing the person-carrying capacity of the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel
- Option B for Pike-Pine
- Option D for North-South Streets
- Building the Basic Bike Network without delay
- Providing dedicated resources for enforcement of bus lanes and box blocking
- Approving the proposed truncation of SR 520 Routes at UW Station
- Improving the transfer environment at UW Station
- Canceling or revising the proposed truncations of Routes 41 and 550
- Approving the proposed West Seattle-First Hill restructure
We hope that you will take a few minutes to comment in favor of these principles and ideas. Comments are due by Friday. For more background, our posts on One Center City can be found here.