It’s that time of the year, again. We here at STB will be posting results for races in which we endorsed (or have a general interest in) in this thread and on Twitter. Make sure to get your ballot in a box or postmarked by 8 p.m.
Races to Watch (STB endorsed candidates listed with bold text):
- Seattle Mayor: Cary Moon vs. Jenny Durkan
- Seattle City Council Position 8: Teresa Mosqueda vs. Jon Grant
- Seattle City Council Position 9: Lorena González vs. Pat Murakami
- Washington State Senate, 45th District: Manka Dhingra vs. Jinyoung Lee Englund
- King County Executive: Dow Constantine vs. Bill Hirt
- Auburn Mayor: Nancy Backus vs. Largo Wales
- Tacoma Mayor: Jim Merritt vs. Victoria Woodards
- Everett Mayor: Cassie Franklin vs. Judy Tuohy
- The Stranger has compiled a list of election night parties in Seattle and the Eastside, broken down by candidate.
- Turnout so far is estimated at 20 percent for King County, with the final turnout expected to reach 48 percent. According to The Everett Herald, Snohomish County has seen 14.8 percent of its ballots returned and expects an overall turnout of 34 percent. Pierce County expects to see a total turnout of 33 percent.
- The first results will be posted at the following times: approximately 8:00 pm (Snohomish Co.), 8:15 pm (King Co.), and 8:30 pm (Pierce Co.).
- Ballot boxes have closed and the first results are streaming in. So far:
|Seattle, Mayor||Cary Moon||39.38||Jenny Durkan||60.62|
|Seattle, Council No. 8||Teresa Mosqueda||61.51||Jon Grant||38.49|
|Seattle, Council No. 5||Lorena González||67.68||Pat Murakami||32.32|
|Senate, 45th District||Manka Dhingra||55.42||Jinyoung Lee Englund||44.58|
|Tacoma, Mayor||Jim Merritt||48.02||Victoria Woodards||51.98|
|Everett, Mayor||Cassie Franklin||49.69||Judy Tuohy||50.31|