- After much debate, a compromise version of Seattle’s employee head tax is now law
- The Tom and Curley Show is on point on affordable housing
- Portland streetcar breaking ridership records
- Slower streets, not autonomous cars, are the real safety breakthrough (Props to Wired for publishing this bit of techno-skepticism)
- The feds pony up $75M for Tacoma Link
- Los Angeles can’t get enough walkable neighborhoods
- CityLab gives Seattle’s bus network the glossy treatment
- Mercer Island takes Sound Transit’s money to build park and rides
- Could the Olympics overload Tokyo’s subways?
- Enjoy that sunshine: 10 car-free hikes
- Lots more people space (and asphalt) in the new waterfront designs
- Seattle has room for 56,000 backyard cottages
This is an open thread.
Photo by SounderBruce in the STB Flickr Pool