- Estonia on the free transit tip
- Bellevue’s Spring District getting more offices
- NTSB holding a hearing on last winter’s Amtrak Cascades derailment
- Even when you think you’re done paying for parking garages, you still gotta maintain ’em
- Deep dive from the Times on bike lane costs [$]. Spoiler: most of the money wasn’t for the bike lane.
- Bike lanes are for cars. Amen.
- Search for new SDOT director underway. Take the survey. Read Tom’s take on what the new director needs to do.
- Seattle drivers enjoying laying on the horn more these days (blame the transplants, I guess)
- TRU argues for higher transit pass subsidies for UW employees
- Biking may expose you to air pollution.
- After an auspicious start, NYC’s new transit chief seems to have gotten caught in the DeBlasio-Cuomo petty crossfire. NY’s transit riders be the worse for it.
- Golden Gate Transit routes entering a low ridership death spiral. Marin County is the worst.
- 175 units in Othello Square
- What will happen to Seattle’s sidewalks with the recalculated Move Seattle levy?
- Boulevards of Death: unsafe arterials in America. Rainier Ave gets a shout-out.
- Bay Area taking baby steps towards less balkanized infrastructure investment
- Madrid declares victory in the war on cars
- Seattle population still growing like crazy
This is an open thread
Route 401 at Westlake Park by SounderBruce, STB Flickr Pool