Photo from Jade Gordon, found in the STB Flickr Pool.
- Sounder Ridership is up 31% year over year in so far in 2008, and up 45% year-over-year in June. That increase is massive, and the increase is 22% from May to June. Wild! Also wild, the woman who gets $300 a month from her employer to not drive. Where can I get that deal?
- Futurewise, the environmental agency advocating for up-zoning in the Rainer Valley along Central Link, responds to the “gentrification” column from the Seattle Weekly. The Rainier Valley post has the details.
- The City is taking away a car lane to add a sidewalk on the Pine Street overpass. H/T to Orphan Road.
- A national rail plan? The possibilities and potential pitfalls in this San Francisco Chronicle piece.
- Driving is down, and so is money for roads.