Details on the changes in Metro bus service, effective February 6th, are available online. New red timetables and a special rider alert brochure will soon be available. The changes are now live on the Trip Planner and timetables will be posted online on February 5. This is a major service change, with over 80 bus routes affected. Highlights are:
- New Route 156 to replace part of Route 140 service in McMicken Heights and will serve Southcenter, SeaTac/Airport Link, and Tukwila Sounder stations.
- Route 194 replaced by Link light rail and expanded service on ST Express routes 574, 577, and 578.
- Route 140 now serves Tukwila International Blvd station via Southcenter Blvd. It no longer serves McMicken Heights (use Route 156), the airport (use Link), and Air Cargo Rd (use Route 180).
- ST 560 and 574 will be the only routes serving the Sea-Tac Airport terminal stops. All other routes will serve SeaTac/Airport Station (including ST 574)
- Routes 76, 77, 216, 218, and 316 move to the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel
- Long-term construction reroutes for 73, 77, and
316373 in the Northgate area.
- More frequent service on routes 8, 9, 36 and 60 to improve connections to Link
- More trips on routes between West Seattle, SODO, and downtown Seattle as mitigation for Viaduct construction.
- Trip reductions on approximately 40 Metro routes
Previously covered: Sound Transit service changes, also on Feb 6.