Bruce Gray at Sound Transit was kind enough to send us the newest station level data report for Link. These reports are a treasure trove of information, too much in fact for one post. Some things I found interesting:
- During the week the Rainier Valley (Beacon Hill Station to Rainier Beach Station) accounts for 28% of all boardings and alightings. During the weekend it is only 22%. This suggests a strong commuter focus and room for continued growth.
- Growth rates at Rainier Valley stations are higher than system average, except for Rainier Beach Station which is half of system average.
- International District/Chinatown Station has the least weekday to weekend fluctuation, Stadium Station the most.
- SeaTac Airport Station, Tukwila International Blvd Station, and Westlake dominate weekend ridership (52% of all boardings and alightings).
Combined with earlier reports we now have data from February 6th 2010 to February 15th 2013:
- Feb 6th, 2010 to Jun 11th, 2010
- Jun 12th, 2010 to Oct 1st, 2010
- Oct 2nd, 2010 to Feb 4th, 2011
- Feb 5th, 2011 to Jun 10th, 2011
- Jun 11th, 2011 to Sep 30th, 2011
- Oct 1st, 2011 to Feb 17th, 2012
- Feb 18th, 2012 to June 8th, 2012
- Jun 9th, 2012 to Sep 28th, 2012
- Sep 29th, 2012 to Feb 15th, 2013
Also, see Station Level Data posts from 2010 and last year, and other related charts and a data posts from Bruce and Andrew. I’ve also uploaded my spreadsheet (where I have a half dozen charts) if anyone wants to play around with the data.
[UPDATE – 13JUN13] As noted in this post, there was an error in Service Change 19. Both the link and my spreedsheet have been upadated.