Sound Wave, Sounders FC’s marching band, video by padge6108
In what is becoming a fun but disruptive tradition, Seattle will be holding a victory parade for another sportsball champion, the Seattle Sounders, who will take over a swath of north downtown mid-day Tuesday.
Link Light Rail will be running 3-car trains all day, and a mix of 2- and 3-car trains during AM and PM peak, so spread out along the platform and help keep the trains moving briskly.
We’ve heard that the march/parade route will begin at Westlake Park at 11 a.m. and proceed up 4th Avenue for a rally at Seattle Center. Transit re-route details will be linked here as plans are published.
EDIT 1:06 p.m.: The Sounders have posted details of tomorrow’s parade route and schedule on their website. Transit re-route information to follow shortly.
Staging: Begins at 9:00 a.m. on Pine Street between 3rd & 4th, and on 4th Avenue between Pike Street and Olive Way.
March Kickoff: 11:00 a.m. at 4th Avenue & Pine Street
Route: The March will proceed north on 4th Avenue, turn right on Cedar Street, continue north on 5th Avenue, and west at Harrison Street past MoPOP onto Seattle Center grounds. Fans are encouraged to line 4th Avenue, and as the Sound Wave Band passes by, to join in behind the band to march to Seattle Center.
Rally: 12:30–1:30 p.m. on Fisher Lawn and fountain mall at Seattle Center
EDIT 4:17 p.m.: Sound Transit has posted re-route information on their website for routes not operated by King County Metro. They are also posted below, and are active from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (the latter is subject to change):
- Sounder (both lines): longer trains on some trips to accommodate extra passengers
- Routes 510, 511, 512 and 513: Southbound trips skip stops at 7th & Stewart and 5th & Pine, instead stopping at 9th & Stewart and 5th & Seneca. Northbound trips skip stops at 4th & Seneca, 4th & Pike, and Olive Way & 6th, use regular stops at 4th & Cherry and Olive Way & Terry instead.
- Route 577: Missed stops northbound at 4th & Pike, Pine & 3rd, and 2nd & Pike; use regular stops at 4th & University and 2nd & Marion instead. Southbound trips will have no missed stops.
- Route 578: Southbound trips will not stop on Stewart Street (except for Yale Avenue) and at 2nd & Stewart; use a temporary stop at 6th Avenue & Union Street and regular stops at Stewart & Yale and 2nd & Seneca instead. Northbound trips will skip stops at 4th & Pike, Olive Way & 6th, and Howell & 9th; use stops at 4th & University and Howell & Yale instead.
- Routes 590 and 594: Missed northbound stops at 4th & Pike, Olive & 6th, and Howell & 9th; instead use regular stops at 4th & Seneca and Howell & Yale. Southbound trips will not stop on Stewart Street (except for Yale Avenue) and at 2nd & Stewart; use a temporary stop at 6th Avenue & Union Street and regular stops at Stewart & Yale and 2nd & Seneca instead.
- Route 592: Northbound trips will skip stops at 4th & Pike, Olive Way & 6th, and Howell & 9th; use stops at 4th & University and Howell & Yale instead.
EDIT 5:25 p.m.: King County Metro has posted re-route information on their alerts page. The following routes are affected from 10 a.m. to an unspecified end time:
- Routes 1, 2 and 13: Southbound trips will not stop at Denny Way & 2nd Avenue, use regular stops at Queen Anne Avenue & John Street and 3rd & Cedar; northbound trips are unchanged.
- Routes 3 and 4: Trips will not stop on 5th Avenue and instead use Queen Anne Avenue and 1st Avenue between Roy and Denny.
- RapidRide E Line and Routes 5, 26 and 28: All trips will not stop at Aurora Avenue & Denny Way and at Wall Street & 5th Avenue (northbound). Temporary stops will be located on 1st Avenue for northbound trips and Queen Anne Avenue for southbound trips.
- Route 8: Trips will not serve Queen Anne Avenue and 1st Avenue, as well as Denny Way west of Dexter Avenue. Use stops at Dexter & Harrison (eastbound) and Dexter & Denny (all directions).
- Route 27: Trips will not serve stops at Lenora & 4th and the northbound stop at 3rd & Virginia.
- RapidRide C Line and Route 40: Northbound trips will not serve stops on Westlake Avenue at Denny and Harrison; instead use stops in Uptown/LQA on 1st Avenue. Southbound trips will not serve stops at 3rd & Virginia and 3rd & Pike/Pine; instead use stops on Union Street and at Westlake & 9th.
- Route 62: Trips will not serve stops on Blanchard and Bell streets; use stops in Uptown/LQA on 1st Avenue for northbound trips and stops on Union Street in Downtown Seattle for southbound trips.
- Route 70: Trips will not serve stops at Virginia & 6th, Stewart & 7th, and 3rd & Pine.
- Route 545: Trips will not serve stops near Westlake Center, as well as the southbound stop at Stewart & 7th.
- Route 554: Eastbound trips will not serve the Lenora & 4th terminal. Westbound trips will not stop at 4th & Pike.