It’s time to look back at the top articles of the last year. The major themes should be no surprise: ST3 and high-speed rail dominated. But our series on East Link and how it’s shaping the Eastside was popular as well.
- Introducing Cascadia Rail by Cascadia Rail (Feb 12, 2018). The launch of a new organization advocating for state-wide HSR.
- Seattle Metro Rapid Map “circa” 1990 by Oran Virincy (Feb 17, 2018). Oran’s retro-fantasy map shows what Forward Thrust-powered Seattle rapid transit might have looked like at the dawn of the grunge era.
- ST3 Level 2 Planning – Time to Make Decisions by Seattle Subway (Sept 21, 2018). The Ballard-West Seattle options begin to narrow.
- ST3 Must be Built for the Future by STB Editorial Board (Feb 7, 2018). We argue the Ballard line should be built with expansion in mind.
- Reimagining Bellevue for Light Rail by Lizz Giordano (Apr 9, 2018). deep dive on Bellevue’s transformation around the train.
- How much would high-speed rail actually cost? by Alon Levy (Jan 17, 2018). A critique of the high costs in WSDOT’s initial high-speed rail study.
- ST3 Plan needs to put riders first by Seattle Subway (Nov 29, 2018). Feedback as the Ballard-West Seattle process moves toward the “preferred alternative”
- An Opportunity to Make Light Rail Exceptional by Seattle Subway (Feb 13, 2018). Seattle Subway’s opening gambit.
- Redmond Waits for Light Rail by Lizz Giordano (Feb 5, 2018).
- 14th Avenue is the Wrong Spot for a Ballard Station by Frank Chiachiere (Oct 17, 2018). Explaining why 14th is substantially worse than 15th.
And here are the most commented ones:Continue reading “Our Most Popular Articles in 2018”