Once more we dive into the reader mailbag. Lots of stuff to talk about: ST3 finances, streetcars, deadheads, and more.
- More on One Center City
- Should ST have an elected board? (17:30)
- Tolling freeways (29:11)
- High-speed rail to Vancouver (34:55)
- What conclusions can we draw from the ST3 precinct map? (1:50)
- Real-time arrival info for Link remains elusive (16:20)
- Open gangways and ST’s culture (26:30)
- Assorted thoughts on 2016 and Seattle Transit (39:30)
- How you can make a difference in the age of Trump (51:40)
- Farewell Tim Burgess (1:01:30)
Correction from the podcast:
- The next 45th District Senate election (for the seat currently held by Dino Rossi) occurs in 2017, not 2018.
- I-732 and progressive coalitions (1:20)
- Reuven Carlyle’s doubts about ST3 (24:05)
- What do ST1’s cost overruns tell us, if anything, about ST3? (35:30)
- Angle Lake (42:30)
Sponsored by Talking Headways
Taking questions from the reader mailbag.
- ST3 goes final
- Making transit work better during special events or construction
- Roosevelt-Eastlake BRT